Monday 9 May 2011

Preview of CYL vs GUFC

Was there at this previous meeting when Cantona and Pele was right here in town. I dare to proudly say that I've witnessed a great game. It finished 3-2 to the Young Lions, courtesy of a mistake by the linesman.

Shahfiq Ghani's 2nd goal hit the upright but it did not cross the line. I've sent a text message to Geylang's goalkeeper, Yazid Yasin, asking him if it was a goal. He told me that the ball was no where near the line. From where I was sitting, I'm pretty sure it hit the upright and came out.

This time, the Courts Young Lions are fresh from 3 consecutive defeats and and 6 winless games. Their last win, was coincidentally against Geylang on the 3rd of March. Geylang, on the other hand had mix results. Their last win was a 2-0 victory against Tanjong Pagar. I'm sure they would be much more confident going into this game.

Am predicting a 2-1 win for Geylang. Nothing much to head into this game, but CYL would want to snatch a point in front of their fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment