Wednesday 13 April 2011

Woodlands Wellington vs Geylang United

Was at the Woodlands Stadium to ballboy the game between Woodlands Wellington and Geylang United just now.

The game ended 2-2 and to me it was a tight game which either sides could have won it. However, I was rather disappointed with Geylang's finishing up front where they played 3 strikers in Masrezwan Masturi, Jung Hee Bong and Hafiz Rahim. In my opinion, Jung Hee Bong was disappointing before getting replaced by Rizawan Abdullah.

Woodlands on the other hand, created few chances and took them which ended up with 2 goals. The 2m forward Leonardo Alexio was a threat to Geylang and he played a part in both goals. However it was young attacker, Nigel Vanu who caught my eye with his trickery on the ball.

My man-of-the-match award goes to Yazid Yasin (GUFC). He was keeping the goals out and managed quite a number of good saves. Despite going down injured after a save, he managed to pick himself up and carry on with the game. I could say he was faultless despite conceding 2 goals which he could really do nothing about it.

Worst player: Jung Hee Bong (GUFC). He really should have done better. Nothing much I could say about him as its my first time watching him.

Till the next game, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment